From: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu [mailto:radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu]On
Behalf Of gaxt
Sent: February 23, 2001 9:36 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: FW: Sending Radioactive Material to the Netherlands

We have a researcher wanting to send 5 uCi of C-14 to the Netherlands.  I
plan to send it as an excepted package using Emmery World Wide as the
carrier.  Fedex said they do not deliver radioactive material in the
Netherlands.  My question is: are there any licensing or regulatory
requirments outside of the shipping regs. that I should know about?  In the
US this would be an exempt qty. as per the NRC or agreement state.  Is that
the same in the Netherlands?  I got a copy of what is supposed to be a
radioactive materials license but it is written in Dutch and the translator
told me it doesn't appear to be a license.

Thanks for your help

Joey Michael
Health Protection Office
University of Iowa