Re: LNT, SNT, or whatever

>Linear is nice and simple as a theory - easy top work with.  It is also
easy to test.  And - the test failed!
---
No threshold has to my knowledge been seen on the level of point mutations,
chromosomal aberrations etc. The micronucleus assay gives a straight line
down to a level of about 2 mGy per cell generation. The resolution limit is
of course determined by statistics (it could probably be pressed down to
about 1 mGy/generation with "reasonable" costs). Specific chromosomal
aberrations are known to be associated with certain tumors. Knocked out Rb
functions (due to point mutations, non-disjunction, deletions etc) result in
tumors. There is more along this line.

My personal ideas only (shared by some others however),

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com