RADSAFE switchover

FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT

This is the first announcement of the planned switchover of RADSAFE to a new
server. The plan is for this to occur this coming Friday afternoon, March 2.
We are planning for there to be a 2 hour overlap of service, with the
shutdown of the UIUC server coming at 6:00 p.m., Central Standard Time*, but
the Vanderbilt server coming on line at 4:00 p.m. CST. There will be more
announcements through the week, either as reminders, or noting any changes,
and with specific instructions about the new service (addresses, procedures,
etc.). For active subscribers, there should be no need to resubscribe, you
will just need to note the new address for posting, which will be provided.
With the overlap, we anticipate no interruption in the direct list service,
but there may be a short period of time that the archives are off line due
to the changeover; we will keep you informed about this. Please direct any
questions or other inquiries to me, and thanks in advance for your patience
with this process.

*U.S. Central Standard Time is 1 hour earlier than Eastern Standard Time.

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP
Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Vanderbilt University
1161 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37232-2675
Phone (615) 322-3190