"Legally" Correcting a Record

During a recent audit, I noted that a date had not been entered into a
chronological log that included weekly inspections.

I asked the individual who had made the entry to enter the date he
performed the inspection and place his initials next to the entry.  This
was noted on the audit report.

His supervisor has asked that I provide a "reference" as to where it is
"legal" to correct a record in this fashion.

Can anyone give me a reference (i.e., 10CFR??) that I can provide to the
supervisor.  I believe I have seen this in an NRC notice somewhere but I
can recall.

Thanks all. Please email me direct or post to RADSAFE if you feel this may
be pertinent to others.

Tad Blanchard                   NASA-Goddard Space Flight Center
Sr Health Physics Tech           Code 205.9, Greenbelt, MD 20771
Parallax, Inc                                Phone: 301-286-9157
A Member of the OHI Team                     Fax:   301-286-1618
            mailto:tmblanch@pop200.gsfc.nasa.gov