Re: "Legality" of revising QA records

Tad Blanchard wrote, "His supervisor has asked that I provide a "reference" as
to where it is
"legal" to correct a record in this fashion.

"Can anyone give me a reference (i.e., 10CFR??) that I can provide to the
supervisor.  I believe I have seen this in an NRC notice somewhere but I
can recall."

DOE's regulations (also in Title 10),  include in 10 CFR 830.120(c)(iv):

"Records shall be specified, prepared, reviewed, approved, and maintained."  The
guide supporting this regulation provides for "change" of records as part of
their maintenance.  Common sense argues that a inadequate or incorrect record be
made whole as soon as possible.