Re: "The Secret Word"

- --part1_6b.115b1408.27e67704_boundary

Sandy and Ted are absolutely right.  I would only take issue with one of

Sandy's comments, and that is: we shouldn't put the confrontation off to some

other

"reputable scientist" (though I gues we are all on RADSAFE pretty reputable)

- -- we have each of us got to speak out whenever there is an opportunity.  And

we have got to stop falling for the deliberate anti-nuke trap of "If those

scientists would only talk in plain language that we poor ordinary folk

understand..."  That's a completely phony issue.

The opportunities I am talking about occur at every public meeting and every

public hearing.  Some people can't (because of their jobs) talk about some

things, but most of us can speak up on most issues.  Almost everyone can

write a letter  on some regulations or on legilsation, provided that he or

she states it is a personal opinion.  Moreover, we can all speak out as

citizens.  I am not an expert in nuclear power plant operation, but I can

certainly speak out in support of a utility, because I am a citizen. too.

Ruth Weiner

ruthweiner@aol.com

- --part1_6b.115b1408.27e67704_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  COLOR="#008000" SIZE=2>Sandy and Ted are absolutely right. &nbsp;I would only take issue with one of

<BR>Sandy's comments, and that is: we shouldn't put the confrontation off to some

<BR>other

<BR>"reputable scientist" (though I gues we are all on RADSAFE pretty reputable)

<BR>-- we have each of us got to speak out whenever there is an opportunity. &nbsp;And

<BR>we have got to stop falling for the deliberate anti-nuke trap of "If those

<BR>scientists would only talk in plain language that we poor ordinary folk

<BR>understand..." &nbsp;That's a completely phony issue.

<BR>

<BR>The opportunities I am talking about occur at every public meeting and every

<BR>public hearing. &nbsp;Some people can't (because of their jobs) talk about some

<BR>things, but most of us can speak up on most issues. &nbsp;Almost everyone can

<BR>write a letter &nbsp;on some regulations or on legilsation, provided that he or

<BR>she states it is a personal opinion. &nbsp;Moreover, we can all speak out as

<BR>citizens. &nbsp;I am not an expert in nuclear power plant operation, but I can

<BR>certainly speak out in support of a utility, because I am a citizen. too. &nbsp;

<BR>

<BR>Ruth Weiner

<BR>ruthweiner@aol.com</FONT></HTML>

- --part1_6b.115b1408.27e67704_boundary--