another Hirsch

Radsafers wrote earlier about Daniel Hirsch (see at bottom below) -- anyone

know anything about this Helmut Hirsch character ?

Thanks

Jaro

frantaj@aecl.ca

Radio Prague (Vysilani do zahranici CRo)

News: March 27, 2001

German expert: Temelin is unsafe

The renowned German nuclear safety expert Helmut Hirsch has published a

study claiming that the Czech nuclear power station Temelin is more

dangerous than other modern nuclear plants. The study claims that the chance

of radioactivity leaking from the plant is ten times higher than at other

nuclear facilities.

Temelin has suffered a series of setbacks [[on the non-nuclear part of the

plant - Jaro]]  since commencing test operations last year. The plant is

fiercely opposed by Austrian environmentalists, who

say its mixture of Soviet design and American technology is dangerous.