Re: " animal burial " versus " nuke dump "

        Years ago we in the USA were warned not to burn diseased Elm trees

(Dutch Elm Disease) since the fungal spores were resistant and would

become airborne and continue to infect other trees.  I wonder if open air

burning of animal carcasses in Europe can enhance the spread of the

viruses for hoof and mouth disease and mad cow disease.  Anyone know

specifics?

Bob Scott, CHP

Roger Williams Medical Center

Providence, Rhode Island