Re: " animal burial " versus " nuke dump "

- ------=_NextPart_000_0079_01C0B70F.D5C31BE0

        charset="iso-8859-1"

- -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Robert A Scott <bobscottchp@JUNO.COM>

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Dienstag, 27. März 2001 22:26

Betreff: Re: " animal burial " versus " nuke dump "

> Years ago we in the USA were warned not to burn diseased Elm trees

>(Dutch Elm Disease) since the fungal spores were resistant and would

>become airborne and continue to infect other trees.  I wonder if open air

>burning of animal carcasses in Europe can enhance the spread of the

>viruses for hoof and mouth disease and mad cow disease.

The virus of foot and mouth disease is within the body of the animal and

will therefore burn or at least cooked and charred to death long before it

could become airborne.

Mad cow disease (BSE) is not caused by a virus, but is a not well understood

disease which involves wrongly folded prions (proteins).

Regards,

Franz

- ------=_NextPart_000_0079_01C0B70F.D5C31BE0

        name="Franz Schoenhofer.vcf"