RE: (Another question )RE: Smear Collection Efficiency

 I was trained in doing surveys by some of the Defense Programs personnel

that developed and did contamination surveys.  They stated that the

philosophy behind the smear, was to determine how much contamination could

be picked up through incidental contact with contaminated material;  not to

determine how much was on the surface, but how much could be transfered by

contact with that surface.

I realized that codifying saomething into a regulation, can change all of

that.  I was just wantd to provide the historical perspective relative to

intent of the survey.

Jim Stokes RRpt