Re: (Another question )RE: Smear Collection Efficiency

Emil Murat schrieb:

> The question:

> Is a loose contamination, is a smearable?

> 1.1 I had an impression that smear refers to

> "smearable"

> contamination i.e. what can get onto smear.

> So it is irrelevant if all of it gets onto smear or

> only 10% of it.

AFAIK, the result of the smear test has to be corrected with the

"smearing efficiency" in order to find the *removable* (not smearable)

contamination. A value of 10 % is used, if the efficiency is not known.

Normally this value is used. In the few cases I saw, where the

efficiency was measured, it amounted to up to 70 % on smoothly painted

surfaces.

Greetings,

Harald