Radon and Fission

The web site doesn't say...

"Radon is produced by the natural breakdown of radioactive heavy

metals dispersed throughout the earth's crust. This spontaneous

fission makes life on earth possible - it heats the earth's

core."

It says...

"Radon is produced by the natural breakdown of radioactive heavy

metals dispersed throughout the earth's crust. Radioactive decay

makes life on earth possible - it heats the earth's core. "

So either they were misquoted or they have corrected it.

At least the "fission" word is gone.

The page seemed pretty accurate to me, although I think we worry

too much about radon. There are better ways to spend you money

to protect your health.

Stephen G. Frantz,  PE CHP

Reed College Reactor

3203 SE Woodstock Blvd.