RE: DOE cleanup to fund tax cut

The entire 890 square miles is not contaminated.  The radiological

contamination is mostly in fairly circumscribed locations, as are the

chemical ones, the two often being the same areas.  Of more general

distribution is unexploded ordinance from when the Navy did gunnery here,

but that is being searched out and cleared.

But your point was well taken: total cleanup would be prohibitive in cost,

probably impossible, and definitely unverifiable.

Dave Neil		neildm@id.doe.gov

		When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how

unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was

astounded how much he had learned in the last seven years. -- Mark Twain