Re: How much radon gets through a concrete slab?

Dan,

You may want to start with these articles.

Health Phys 1997 Jan;72(1):153-5 Porosity trends in radon transport through

concrete and consistency in defining diffusion coefficients. Rogers VC,

Nielson KK.

Health Phys 1995 Jun;68(6):800-8  Laboratory measurements of the transport

of radon gas through concrete samples.

Renken KJ, Rosenberg T. Mechanical Engineering Department, University of

Wisconsin-Milwaukee 53201-0784, USA.

Health Phys 1995 Jun;68(6):817-22 In-situ determination of the diffusion

coefficient of 222Rn in concrete.

Gadd MS, Borak TB. Department of Radiological Health Sciences, Colorado

State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA.

Health Phys 1983 Aug;45(2):377-83 A time-dependent method for characterizing

the diffusion of 222Rn in concrete.

Zapalac GH.

Appl Radiat Isot 2001 Mar;54(3):467-73 Determination of 222Rn emanation

fraction and diffusion coefficient in concrete using accumulation chambers

and the influence of humidity and radium distribution. Cosma C, Dancea F,

Jurcut T, Ristoiu D.

Health Phys 2001 Feb;80(2):151-6 Thermodiffusion in concrete slab as a

driving force of indoor radon entry.

Minkin L. Portland Community College, Physics Department, OR 97219, USA.

lminkin@pcc.edu

You may also want to check with the radon listserv group at Yahoo groups.

Tom English

englishtoma@hotmail.com