D & D soil Release criteria

We are attempting to establish the final soil release criteria for a

Uranium and Thorium remediation project and are looking for any

projects that have been successful in establishing residual

contamination limits using an industrial scenario for the dose

modeling.  In addition we are trying to determine if any projects have

been able to take credit for a "cap" - a layer of clean soil that

covers the subsurface contamination (Our residual contamination will be

3-5 feet below the surface).

We do not have a problem with migration to ground water so that is not

a concern for dose modeling.  We are aware of the NRC letters and

position on subsurface soil averaging but that still includes a

residential scenario when digging occurs for a foundation or a basement.

We would be interested in any project regardless of which agency had

oversight responsibilities (State, NRC, DOE, Army Corps, EPA, etc.).

Replies can be made directly to me if you feel this would not be of

interest to the list.

Marty Bourquin

Manager, EHS

W.R. Grace, Chattanooga, TN