RE: question

More information would be required in order to answer that question.  For

example:  Sending soil samples with trace quantities of enriched uranium to

a lab for analysis, still requires that lab to have a license to handle

enriched uranium.  Another would be that the dose received by the public

that wanted to drink the water coming out of your system, commonly called

end-of-pipe limits, the dose would change with the solublity of the

material.

Belive it or not, it matters from a regulatory standpoint.  Using the most

restrictive number makes common sense, but laws and logic do not always

agree. Nor to they lay much trust in the licensees judgement.

That last paragraph is my own personal opinion.