Re: Tobacco smoke

My understanding is that these particles are on the order of 0.01 to 1.0 Micron (where 1 Micron = 1/25,400 of an inch)

Robert N. Young, X-ray Registration & Machine / Device Permitting Manager

TN - Division of Radiological Health

3rd Floor, L & C Annex

401 Church Street

Nashville, TN 37243-1532

(615) 532-0364 Voice

(615) 532-0385 FAX

e-mail: ryoung3@mail.state.tn.us

>>> Peter Aryasov <aryaspin@RPI.KIEV.UA> 4/20/01 7:26:24 AM >>>

Hello Radsafers

Do somebody know the most probably size of tobacco smoke?

As I know the approximate value is about 0.25 mkm (for example: Reist

"Introduction to aerosol science")

But at that time there is some another estimation.

Suggestion?

Thanks in advance

--

 Peter B. Aryasov

 Head group for Aerosol Monitoring

 Melnikova str. 53, Kiev, Ukraine,

 Radiation Protection Institute

 Tel. (380) 044 2139629

 fax. (380) 044 2194900

 e-mail: aryaspin@rpi.kiev.ua

BEGIN:VCARD

VERSION:2.1

X-GWTYPE:USER

FN:Young, Robert

TEL;WORK:615-532-0384

ORG:;TDEC-DRH

TEL;PREF;FAX:615-532-0385

EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:BG32015.1909S01.sd07

N:Young;Robert

TITLE:Health Physicist Supervisor II

X-GWUSERID:BG32015

END:VCARD