Re: Radiation helps keep heart arteries open

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Otto G. Raabe <ograabe@UCDAVIS.EDU>

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Dienstag, 24. April 2001 18:59

Betreff: Radiation helps keep heart arteries open

>April 24, 2001

>Davis, CA

>Today's USA TODAY has an interesting article about the use of brachytherapy

>for making angioplasty a more effective form of artery repair. You can view

>the article at http://www.usatoday.com/hear.htm

I would have been very interested in this topic, but what I found at this

address, was that some actor, whom I do not know, is suspected for drug

abuse - what a great symbol of what is considered important in society

nowadays. On the home page I found that breast implants cause cancer - how

interesting, that this time it is not radiation and nuclear energy causing

cancer!

Is there anybody among the RADSAFErs, who does not understand the relative

importance of "radiation" or "nuclear energy" in journalism? It is just a

very small item among so many others like politics, sex, crime, drugs,

scandals, sports or Greenpeace actions etc. Horror stories about nuclear

energy and reactor accidents and irradiation of food are nothing

exceptional, they are just suited to push the sales, as tornados,

earthquakes, drugs and sports events do. Do you really think that the

average person on the street is actually affected by those radiation or

nuclear stories? I do not believe it.

I got carried away..... Is the heart arteries stories available from

somewhere?

Franz