RE: Estimate your radiation dose

It's been my experience that, due to shielding, a nearby individual would

probably reduce your overall exposure to external background gamma

radiation.  This becomes apparent while working around large gamma-sensitive

detectors (such as Tool Monitors).  The background count rate is usually

lower when somebody is standing in front of the unit.

Rodney Bauman

Bechtel Jacobs Company, LLC

Project Health Physicist

ETTP and Y-12 Waste Operations