Re: cemetery with Chernobyl victims?

Thanks very much, Oleg, for this important correction to my cavalier treatment

of the Russian debt. My understanding is that you are correct that the ultimate

beneficiary of a lot of this largess is Western banks. In effect, our banks loan

money to Russia, Mexico, Haiti, and so on with little care about the quality of

the loans - no need when the money is guaranteed by the federal govt. , IMF, or

possibly the World Bank - which translates to US taxpayers.

Thanks again for pointing this out - sometimes it is hard to be sufficiently

careful.

Maury Siskel    maury@webtexas.com