From: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu [mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]On Behalf Of Cehn@AOL.COM
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 10:29 AM
To: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: Radium in sandblast grit

I'm working at a contaminated site that got a radium hit from sandblast grit.
 The stuff has been referred to as Black Beauty.  Does anyone know the
history of this grit?  Is it still being produced? Does all sandblast grit
have some NORM in it?  Someone else must have run into this stuff before.

Joel I. Cehn, CHP
1036 Hubert Road
Oakland, CA 94610
510.268.1571