RE: Fw: Russian Waste Repository

Question:

Why are all of you so bent on manufacturing ways to throw away materials whit such great use potential?

Why should we consider ways to dump this material in the ocean, or in Russia, or into the "centre of the Earth"  when we will eventually figure out a way to safely use this material for financial gain.

          The SNM in the fuel is an easy choice for continued use.

          Some of the easier to isolate radionuclides cane be purified
          for specific uses in Labs, and Hospitals, and industry.

          Most of the other nuclides could remain mixed, and matriced
          into a form in which we can recover heat (Heat = Steam = Electricity).

Don't throw this material away where our grandchildren cannot use it.  Don't put it where we will have to deal with uncontrolled releases of it sometime in the future.

My own thoughts on the subduction zones - We do not have a clue of the earth science taking place at subduction zones, nor within the mantle of this planet.  40 years ago, we started putting Hazardous wastes "where it would be safe forever" 1200 - 2000 feet below ground.  That material is now contaminating wells in Michigan and elseware.  Lets not make the same mistake with "Waste" radionuclides.

Waste is not material with no further value, it is material with undiscovered future value.   Think about it!

There, I feel better.

Dave Andrews, RSO
MPI Research