RE: Nuclear Waste, Science, & Politics

Two comments, if I may.  This argument is the same reason insurance

companies settle automobile and medical law suits.  It is based on taking

the road of least resistance.  A company in the business of making money for

its stockholders is not going to use resources fighting in a court if it

cost too much.  Win or lose.

Second, opinion polls are just that.  They do not represent action.

(Consider that half to the eligible adults in the country register to vote,

and only half of them actually vote. Yet, the majority of people respond to

pollsters.) Writing and visiting legislatures will always make a bigger

impact.  The American Institute of Physics has a nice program on lobbying

Congress at http://www.aip.org/gov/ .

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist