And thanks for all the fish

Ladies and Gentlemen;

Two months ago, I subscribed to this RadSafe-List to involve myself in discussions about radiation safety – mainly in the Hospital/Medical and research community, knowing full well that the majority would be fuel cycle related discussions because of the gregariousness of the people in that industry. I have seen very little of either of these type discussions.  What I have seen is mainly political discussions.

Don’t get me wrong – I love a good political discussion. I am quick to jump in with my opinion (on the Futurist-Constitutionist side).  From this list, however, I was looking for technical discussions of technical issues.  I have always believed that it is impossible for a technician and a politician to have a valid discussion capable of discovering real solutions because the technician is limited to using only truth, and, as such, is at a severe disadvantage to the politician.

Due to my busy schedule as the manager, Health, Safety and Environment (including RSO functions) for a research organization with over 1000 dogs and at least three times that in rodents, and due to the fact that I cannot assign time to 20-30 emails a day that, as yet, have no bearing on my position; I feel I must leave your company.

I would leave you this challenge – If you know of a good list-serv dealing in Radiation and/or Safety issues in the Medical or research community, please send that information along.  I do not intend to unsubscribe until Tuesday, so If you’re quick….

Thanks for inviting me in, and “Thanks for all the fish”

Dave Andrews