RE: Turkish Power Station Has Residents Clutching Their Gas Masks

It's difficult to portray cynicism via e-mail.  Had it been a cloud of

radioactive gas, which would have passed quickly and probably harmlessly

over, we would have heard about it ad infinitum in the press (instead of

one deeply buried and quickly forgotton story about an ongoing public

health threat).

My opinion only.

Regards,

Susan

Susan Gawarecki wrote on the Subject: Turkish Power Station Has

Residents Clutching Their Gas Masks

At least it wasn't a cloud of radioactive gas...

<SNIP>

.....are you suggesting its good that the Turks dropped the Akkuyu NPP

project ?

IMHO, there wouldn't have been a gas cloud of any kind, had Akkuyu been

built and that messy coal plant shut down. In the worst case, a

radioactive

gas cloud, like that from the TMI meltdown, would have passed

harmlessly....

Jaro

--

Susan L. Gawarecki, Ph.D., Executive Director

Oak Ridge Reservation Local Oversight Committee

                       -----

A schedule of meetings on DOE issues is posted on our Web site

http://www.local-oversight.org/meetings.html - E-mail loc@icx.net