radon risk

Fellow Radsafers,

The largest average annual dose equivalent of radiation to the majority of

individuals comes from radon. In most cases, it is from ground sources other

than water.  Nonetheless, I find it interesting that so many members of the

listserv criticize efforts to reduce radon exposure. If the exposure is

controllable, why not take efforts to reduce it.  Please don't give me the

hormesis angle again, unless you have proof that alpha particle exposure to

the lung is beneficial.

Jim Nelson

nelsonjima@hotmail.com