RE: Greenpeace et al./Danes

>To the effect that providing lots of good energy is fundamentally a bad

>idea because of the life-style it would allow us to follow.

---

Something similar was said by a leading personality in Sweden about 20 years

ago. He called it "addiction to electricity" - and that this indirectly

destroys the environment.

Unfortunately I am afraid that this argument partly is true but this does

not put nuclear power in some particularly bad light (since this about

lifestyle is a sidetrack - please send any response to me directly). So much

more can be destroyed by other means of producing electricity. Electricity

has important unique features however that wisely can be used with high

efficiency.

It is interesting to note that some left wing Danes now start arguing for

nuclear power (ref. Jens Jørgen Madsen og Uffe Gardel, Venstre vil have

dansk atomkraft, Berlingske Tidende, 25 May, 2001, page 1 and 8

http://www.berlingske.dk/artikel:aid=101617:fid=100024937 ). There are many

more interesting articles to read at http://www.berlingske.dk/

(for those who read Swedish/Danish/Norwegian/ use the search function and

type in the words "Venstre" and "atomkraft" ). Essentially some left wing

politicians say that nuclear power is nothing to fear and ought to be on the

political agenda. Some other Danish political party orientations also share

this idea or are at least split on the issue. (35 % of the EU electricity is

nuclear)

My personal reflections only,

Bjorn Cedervall    bcradsafers@hotmail.com

http://www.geocities.com/bjorn_cedervall/