Immune response and depression

This is a bit off our usual topics, but I thought it was interesting.

Studies, many going back decades,  have shown that low doses of radiation

elicit a response in the immune system.  The following link is to an article

that notes an overactive immune system may cause depression in some people.

(Oh, what complex biological systems we are.)

http://www.newscientist.com/features/features.jsp?id=ns22953

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist