Re: Book: Body Toxic - An Environmental Memoir

Greetings everyone

    Let's look at human behavior and history.  Once again we have the opportunity to witness how humans fear what they know nothing about.  Lets make a list:

The world is flat

Human sacrifices to appease the gods

That there was a god for everything (mythology)

The earth is the center of the universe

Santa (I will not say any more about this until after Christmas).

Urie Geller bends spoons

Elvis was seen in the Frozen section of the supermarket

The meaning of a solar/lunar eclipse (I belive Columbus used this to his advantage to escape death)

Okay  - I will not continue because I think everyone gets the idea.

A Polish professor once told me the following.

"If you are ignorant I can teach you - If you are arrogant I can debate you - If you are both ignorant and arrogant - YOU SHOULD BE SHOT!"

One more item - Ocean county is a very nice place - I have been there often.

Enjoy - Tom

---

Tom Savin

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:59:18

 Gerald Nicholls wrote:

>Anyone still interested in why the general public refuses to understand the science behind environmental policy might want to look at the book review of the Body Toxic - An Environmental Memoir by Michael Pollan in the 6/24/01 Times book review section (under the heading "Poison").  The book, by Susanne Antonetta, is a memoir of her growing up in Ocean County, NJ (she was born in Georgia

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!