Re: Book: Body Toxic - An Environmental Memoir

It is much easier to blame the BIG BAD corporations and the already

unpopular nuclear plant for all of her woes than accept blame herself or

look deeper into the problems.  PLUS, it makes a better read!  :-p

Besides, Paul, did you REALLY think she would do REAL research or get

opinions that differed from her own?

Phil

"Just my own ramblings, no-one else shares my thoughts or cares to."

                    Paul William Shafer

                    <paulwilliam_s@YAHOO.CO        To:     Gerald Nicholls <GNICHOLL@DEP.STATE.NJ.US>

                    M>                             cc:     radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

                    Sent by:                       Subject:     Re: Book: Body Toxic - An Environmental Memoir

                    owner-radsafe@list.vand

                    erbilt.edu

                    06/25/2001 23:05

                    Please respond to Paul

                    William Shafer

Dear Mr. Nicholls:

How about all of the toxic chemicals that were emitted

into the air and water as Susanne was growing up in

Ocean County, NJ plus the unknown street chemicals she

used in her body?  They could have led to the "health

problems" that she describes much more readily than

the Xe and Kr etc. emitted from the Oyster Creek NPS.

How come she did not have any thyroid problems?  Since

Oyster Creek had fuel problems and did not always have

an augmented offgas system (I-133/I-131 retention) I

would have expected thyroid problems first. Any Sr-90

was from atmospheric bomb testing. Did she ever have

an in-vivo analysis from gamma emitting radionuclides?

Did she ever have any tissue samples analyzed for

various organic chemicals?

www.nytimes.com/books/01/06/24/reviews/010624.24pollant.html