RE: Uranium Release Limits

Ed,

Unless you can demonstrate that alpha monitoring is an adequate surrogate to

show compliance with the beta limits, then you will need to monitor for

beta.  My opinion - beta would probably be a better surrogate to demonstrate

compliance with the alpha limits.

Randy Redmond

BWXT Y-12 L.L.C.

Y-12 National Security Complex