Re: Contaminated uranium in the news again

I just finished a review of some of the papers referenced in the document.

The levels of contamination were on the order of ppb for Pu and Np, and

levels of ppm for Tc-99 (relative to U).  That doesn't strike me as  a

significant increase.  In addition, virtually from start they were aware of

Pu in the recycled uranium, and appeared to have taken protective steps as a

consequence.  Now I suppose one could argue about the appropriateness of the

steps, since what was done was not well reviewed in the papers.  Mention was

made of masks and PPE's and bioassay programs.  What kind of masks and the

etc's was not really discussed.