death wish?

There was an apparent glimmer of light when the Bush administration

proposed to focus on nuclear generated electricity, and, to

facilitate waste disposal facility operations, in order for the USA

to advance both technologically as well as economically. All was good

.. until Tom Daschle ascended to Majority Leader, stating that

nuclear power legislation is Dead On Arrival!   Now we have UK's

Blair using the same rhetoric. What is with these politicians?

The current energy crisis, where demand exceeds supply, is only the

tip of the iceberg. It is apparent that US politicians (democrats

mostly), are going to throw us back into the dark ages. We will

continue to become more dependent on foreign sources of energy, and

in the end, will most likely become subservient to their needs.

Anyone remember our fighting men in Kuwait? If it weren't for oil, do

you think we would have been there? The answer is clear .. it took

about 5 years before our fighting men went to the Balkans to stop

genocide. Too bad there wasn't oil in "them darn hills"!!

So, we obviously have a death wish. We're on our way to a self-

fulfilling prophecy. With public opinion favoring nuclear generated

power, what will it take for these self-serving politicians to see

the light? Well for one, nuclear power that will allow the light to

come on when they flip the switch!

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100

Director, Technical				Extension 2306

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service		Fax:(714) 668-3149

ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.			E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/scperle