RE: Radon

 The question to ask also, is what are the levels in the fertilizer used for

the crops.  That will be higher than the general soil.

-----Original Message-----

From: Jim Nelson

To: paulwilliam_s@YAHOO.COM; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Sent: 6/27/01 12:39 PM

Subject: Radon

Paul,

The tobacoo products would also contain similar concentrations of

polonium-210 whether in the U.S. or Sweden and likely be proportional to

radium concentrations in the soils.  Do you think U.S. soils would have

higher concentration of radium then Sweden.  Do you know of any

analytical

results examining the thorium content?

I have seen analyses by the tobacco companies on the polonium content.

Your points are well taken and of great interest.

Jim Nelson

---------