From: High Plains Drifter

To: Bauman, Rodney L. (84U) ; RADSAFE

Sent: 7/2/01 5:04 PM

Subject: Re: So, is reprocessing in America's future?

Furthermore, most US reactors have internationally installed cameras

around

the top of the vessel to help verify that the "non-weapons grade"

plutonium

is not pulled out and made into bombs.

However, I need some info on just how say the Hanford reactor made

weapons

grade plutonium differs than much from plutonium production during

neutron

bombardment of the applicable constituents in the fuel of a power

reactor?

"In science there is only physics; everything else is stamp collecting."

                                      --Ernest Rutherford

Dean Chaney, CHP, IBA (aka High Plains Drifter)

Fairfield, CA

magna1@jps.net