RE: Po-210 in tobacco

Otto, Radsafers,

Thanks for the informative comment.  If it has not been done, it could

be an interesting project to compare Po-210 in (natural) gas-heater

dried tobacco with air-dried, and with controls dried under controlled

conditions designed to prevent external exposure to Po-210

contamination.  Whether Po-210 has any relevance in the Tobacco War,

which in many instances has gone beyond the rational?  In our latitudes

it is quite legal to knowingly infect an unsuspecting person with AIDS

(no disclosure required), but since 1 July it has become a criminal

offence to light up in a public place (penalty defined).  In my book the

former is murder, the latter a mild misdemeanor.

My own musings.  Pardon my cynicism.

chofmeyr@nnr.co.za