Shipping Question

Ed,

Radioactive material, excepted package - limited quantity of material, UN2910

must meet the general design requirements, 49 CFR 173.410.

The requirement for sufficient absorbent material to absorb twice the volume

of the liquid contents or containment applies to Type A packages, 49 CFR

173.412(l)(3).

As one who has to contend frequently with damaged packages of radioactive

material I strongly encourage you to use sufficient absorbent material and/or

containment for liquid contents in an excepted package.  Some of the biggest

problems I have encountered have been from inadequately prepared excepted

packages.  For example, parking a truck for a couple of months.

Roy A. Parker, Ph.D.

roy@royparker.org

Tel: 225-924-1473

Fax: 225-924-4269