Re: So, is reprocessing in America's future?

Count among those destitute terrorists nuclear pioneers, H.D Smyth and E.P.

Wigner, who three days after Pearl Harbor wrote a report concluding that the

fission products formed in only a single day of operating a nuclear reactor

at a power of 100,000 kilowatts might be enough to render a large area

uninhabitable. In 1948, the brilliant Hans Thirring published a paper

describing the potential in the dispersal of short-lived fission products

to force evacuation of enemy cities.

 Nuclear proliferation is nuclear proliferation.

It is doubtful terrorists or terrorist nations are very much interested in a

clean, high-yield bomb. Consider what might have followed by way of response

if the SCUD missle that hit the US installation in Saudi Arabia during the

Gulf War had a nuclear component to it, either a very poor bomb or just a

load of mixed fission products.

                                                                Ray