Re: So, is reprocessing in America's future?

TED,

NCRP has it that the spent fuel in about 1/4 of a 5 year PWR fuel assembly

(100 kg) blown sky-high by 1000 lbs. of TNT will yield doses (gamma) of

about 450 RAD/HR over a area of 2700 sq.kM @ 24 hours post blast. I think

this potential calls for armed security at interim spent fuel storage sites.

This is not, in my book, fear mongering, it is taking responsible

precautions.

Yaks, huh? How are they on bioaccumulating fallout from the Chinese and

Russian weapons tests? Never mind that. What are the rates of mental

retardation in Tibet? Maybe lead gets a bad rap from the fear-mongering

press.

Well, Thanks for the Tibetan aside. I'm scheduled to have breakfast ( as

part of a group) with NRC Commissioner Greta Dicus on Monday morning.

Commissioner Dicus, you may know, has assigned herself a study of changing

perceptions on radiation risk.You can just bet I will ask (stage voice) if

my eggs and hash were cooked over yak turd fires.

Have a great work week..........................Ray