RE: So, is reprocessing in America's future?

Ray:

I don't think any amount of explosives would do a good job of dispersing

fission products from spent fuel.  Think about it.  Sure, you could damage

the cask and blow some large pieces of fuel around.  So you pick those up

and get on with your life. Remaining contamination of the site would be

minimal, and it would all be inside a controlled area anyway.  I can't see

particles contaminating public air, land or water to any great degree.

Yes, it would be a nuisance, but hardly a holocaust.  And it's so easy to do

countless other ways, why would you choose the hard way to do so little?

Ted Rockwell