Re: So, is reprocessing in America's future?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Raymond Shadis <shadis@ime.net>

An: maury <maury@WEBTEXAS.COM>; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

<radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Samstag, 07. Juli 2001 01:29

Betreff: Re: So, is reprocessing in America's future?

>Count among those destitute terrorists nuclear pioneers, H.D Smyth and E.P.

>Wigner, who three days after Pearl Harbor wrote a report concluding that

the

--

I do not know either of the reports mentioned. While I would believe, that

the Smyth and Wigner report most probably was addressed to government

authorities and probably advocated to use fission products as a mean of

warfare, I can hardly believe that Hans Thirring has advocated the use of

it - why should he? I can only believe that he may have pointed to the

possibility that fission products could be used for warfare and warned for

it. I met him as a young student at a discussion about a theater play about

J.R. Oppenheimer. I advocated that questions like the use of the nuclear

bomb should not be left only to military and politics, but that scientists

should play a much bigger role. I was very proud that this "big man" thanked

me for raising this issue and supported my idea. From this I draw my

conclusion about his attitude towards nuclear warfare.

Best regards,

Franz