RE: So, is reprocessing in America's future?

> ...three days after Pearl Harbor wrote a report concluding that

> the fission products formed in only a single day of operating a nuclear

reactor

>at a power of 100,000 kilowatts might be enough to render a large area

>uninhabitable.

I figured someone else would comment on this, but if no one else will, let

me note that "three days after Pearl Harbor" there was no such thing as a

nuclear reactor.  Fermi did not demonstrate the first nuclear chain reaction

until a year later.  Is the PH reference correct?

I realize people speculated about atomic energy before that.  Maybe that is

what was going on.

Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,

Ted Rockwell