Re: Shielding requirements for I-131 rooms

Dear Sergio,

I recommend that you look at the document that was produced by the NSW

Hospital and University Radiation Safety Officers Group in Australia.  It

can be found at http://www.usyd.edu.au/su/ohs/hursog/I131GUID.PDF

At least one facility in a Sydney hospital has been constructed using these

Guidelines, and all subsequent dose rate measurements were as predicted.

Richard Smart

At 17:39 10/07/01 +0200, Dr. Sergio Faermann wrote:

>Dear radsafers

>As i have to calculate the shielding requirements for an existing room

>that is being adapted for I-131 therapy( 2 patients /wk), I'm looking on

>references on shielding calculations for the walls and door.

>I would like also to hear from your experience on the subject

>Thanking you in advance

>Sergio faermann,Ph.D.

>Soroka Medical center

>Beer-sheba, Israel

>radsafe" (no quote marks) in the body of the e-mail, with no subject line.

Richard Smart PhD

Principal Physicist and Radiation Safety Officer

Nuclear Medicine Department

St. George Hospital

Kogarah

NSW, 2217, Australia

Tel: (61 2) 9350 3129

Fax: (61 2) 9350 3991

email: r.smart@unsw.edu.au

This email and the files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not permitted to distribute or use this message or any of its attachments in any way. We also request that you advise the sender of the incorrect addressing.

This note also confirms that this email message has been virus scanned and although no computer viruses were detected, South East Health accepts no liability for any consequential damage resulting from email containing any computer viruses.