RE: Co-60 contamination incident

> I do think that if we offer statements as fact, and not

opinion, then we ought to be prepared to offer sources and references.

Does anyone question the factualness of the statements that many thousands

of people have been irradiated approximately as stated, and that there have

been very few cancer deaths?  This has been reported both in national press

and in scientific journals.  That is not an issue.  Even strong anti-nuke

activists have not questioned this.

All I'm saying is that this fact is interesting on the face of it and should

be investigated, not as a favor to the Taiwanese, but to clarify our own

radiation protection assumptions.  We should be asking for whatever details

we need.  Not trying to pretend it never happened.  Or that it is not

relevant to our program.

Ted Rockwell