Re: N-test illnesses "unlikely" for NZ veterans - govt

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Sandy Perle <sandyfl@EARTHLINK.NET>

An: nuclear news list <sandyfl@EARTHLINK.NET>

Datum: Sonntag, 15. Juli 2001 20:07

Betreff: N-test illnesses "unlikely" for NZ veterans - govt

N-test illnesses "unlikely" for NZ veterans - govt

Greenpeace says U.S poses new Pacific risk

Myanmar in nuclear reactor deal with Russia

==================================

Greenpeace says U.S poses new Pacific risk

SYDNEY, July 15 (Reuters) - Environmental group Greenpeace on

Sunday accused the United States of posing a new nuclear arms

risk in the Pacific after it shot down a mock warhead over the

Pacific Ocean in a successful anti-ballistic missile test.

Greenpeace says, Greenpeace demands, Greenpeace urges, Greenpeace uncovers,

Greenpeace does, Greenpeace............

What world do we live in, that a commercial company like Greenpeace, which

sells "dreams" and all kind of stuff, which nobody needs in their sales

offices in the USA, which has sent to me letters to pay money (quite a lot)

to be virtually on their whalers fighting boats and which uses obviously

very costly public relations companies to raise money - what for - plays

such a role? As I might have written before, Greenpeace is an absolutely

undemocratic, commercial company and I cannot understand, that something

like this is hailed as the saviour of our planet! Until now I thought

Greenpeace claimed to save the world from environmental crash down - now

they go into politics? When the oil wells in Kuwait burned, they did not

bother to make any comment on the environmental impact. What kind of

organisation is that?

I can tell you, that I personally am absolutely opposed to what is now going

on regarding ABM and the "Nuclear shield" or whatever it is called. Most

people thought with the downbreak of the Sovjet Empire there was a chance to

finish with all the threats of nuclear deterrance and the world came a long

way to that goal. Now we face new nuclear powers, Bush declares the

Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty dead, underground tests are likely to be

resumed by the US.

Am I now a supporter of Greenpeace??????

Franz