RE: Newsarticle: Cold War's Human Costs Linger

> How can statistics like this be interpeted as a scam?

If the organization is a "victims organization," i.e. a self-selected group

of people who have cancer or are cancer susceptible, that could certainly

bias the results.  I don't know the facts of this particular case, but there

is an answer to the question.  I think you'll see that situation in people

signing up to get some of Richardson's "cold war hero compensation" checks.

Presumably a lot of them will have cancer.  I worked in one of those "death

traps," handled lots of UO2, but unfortunately I'm too healthy to join one

of these organizations.

Ted Rockwell