Re: LNT & Global Warming

Let's not worry about the bridge. Summarize some of the evidence that

you think so overwhelmingly supports GHG's as the principal cause of

global warming - and incidentally, how much global warming do you

believe you are referencing? (how many degrees per century)  The

preponderance of evidence was described well by Jerry Cohen. My own

understanding is that the content and conclusions by the concerned

working group of the IPCC stated explicitly that no conclusive evidence

was found to support anthropogenic causation for global climate change.

Contrary contentions are based on: 1. computer models (not on data)

which still cannot successfully predict the past and: 2. on a

politically expedient executive IPCC summary which did not faithfully

represent the content and findings of the working group. . And J.

Hansen, one of the original developers and advocates of model prediction

has recently agreed that we do not yet know enough climatology to model

and predict climate change.  Forget peoples' names and dig into the data

- then place LNT and the doom of global warming in the same basket where

they belong. Names cannot be ignored, but sometimes names and hokey

ownership of bridges available for sale span the same river.

Sincerely,

Maury Siskel   maury@webtexas.com