Re: Having a baby after a seed implant

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Chris Alston <alstonc@ODRGE.ODR.GEORGETOWN.EDU>

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2001 00:23

Betreff: Fwd: Having a baby after a seed implant

>>From: Leo Jablonski <leo.jablonski@BRYANLGH.ORG>

>>Hello:

>>Our radiation oncologist has a patient who received an I-125 prostate

>>seed implant in December 2000.  The patient is 67 years old.  He has met

>>a woman  and they want to have a baby.  Does anyone have any advice on

>>how long they should wait before they try to conceive this baby.  I

>>would appreciate any advice.  Thanks

>>Leo Jablonski, M.S.

>>Lincoln, NE

Is this a hoax? Or is it a provocation to show, that radiation protection

people have not the slightest feeling on ethics? The age of the woman (what

kind must this woman be!) is not revealed. I do not believe that medical

doctors should support such incredible egoistical wishes, which cannot be in

the interest of any theoretical offspring. Should the child serve in 10 or

20 years to push the wheelchair or to visit the grave of a father, whom he

hardly has known? These are the facts. The chance of genetic defects like

mongolism is increasing not only with the age of the mother, but with the

age of the father as well.

I believe that this person - if he exists at all - needs advice by a

different kind of medical doctors. This is not a case for radiation

protection people.

Franz