Re: WARNING, mail and suspicious attachment

> I received today a mail from Roy C. Craft, CHP (who has previously

> sent messages to RADSAFE), no address, reg. was "per watch or 200

> microcuries", the message was "Timepiece" and there was an attachment

> "CFGWIZ32.EXE (94.4 kB)".

> I have not opened the attachment, because it is very suspicious to me.

> The Norton Virus Protection gave no alarm, but it has previously

> several times not alarmed, when real viruses were transmitted.

> Is there anyone who has more information - maybe Roy can comment.

Franz and others,

NEVER open an attachment that contains an executable file (exe),

unless the person who sent it to you also verifies by speaking to

that person that the file is legit. As far as anti-virus software,

they can't tell if there is a virus until you attempt to execute it.

Right now its sitting there, and the program can't check it until you

activate it.

Unless you hear from Roy, I suggest that you DELETE it.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100

Director, Technical				Extension 2306

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service		Fax:(714) 668-3149

ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.			E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/scperle