Low Background Lead Shied for Ge Detector

The subject shield is an EG&G ORTEC Model LBS-1 circa 1992. It is immediately
available for moving from our facility in Oak Ridge, TN. It is in excellent
condition and we will consider donation to a nonprofit organization.

Features include: 4" low background virgin lead with 1/2" thick low carbon
steel jacket, 11"x16" cavity with split top loading for 4-liter Marinelli
beaker, cadmium and copper liners for reduction of interference from the lead
x-rays, and bottom access with removable plug for installation of up-looking
cryostat/Ge detector. The matching stand is included.

The shield is 20" in diameter by 25" in height. The stand is 24" wide by 24"
deep by 27 to 30" high (the stand height is adjustable). Shipping weight is
approximately 3000 pounds.

Can assist with loading for shipment. Please send expressions of interest to
Chuck Flynn by email at flynncr@aol.com.